Trinant RFC | 1st Team 6 - 13 Aberbargoed RFC | 1st Team

Match Report
12 November 2015 / Team News

Trinant RFC 6-13 Aberbargoed RFC

Trinant entertained Aberbargoed in division 3C for this top of the table clash with both teams registering five wins from five games with the Troggs on a maximum 25 points and the visitors on 23 points. Aberbargoed exerted the early pressure. From a turnover and a penalty, Trinant took play to the visitors 22. A good run by outside half Jason Lovell on to wing Lee Pidgeon only for a poor inside pass allowed Aber to clear their lines. Good covering by home wing Chris Meyrick saved what looked like a try scoring chance for the visitors. Trinant then took play from a penalty to 20 metres from the visitors line, another penalty to 5 metres from the catch and drive the Troggs got over the line only for prop Nicky Bishop to be held up. From the resulting scrum, the ball was moved to Lovell, who made a strong run to the line only to be held up giving the visitors turnover ball, which allowed them to clear their line to half way. Poor underfoot conditions were making handling the ball difficult which led to the first try an up an under by Lovell was fielded by the visitors centre from another poor kick, it turned out usefull for Aber with their no8 latching on to it, selling a dummy for a gap to open up which saw him sprint 40 metres to the line for a converted try 7pts-0 on at half time. Trinant had the elements with them, however, it was the visitors who increased their with a penalty for holding on 10pts-3 on 45 minutes on 50 minutes try reduced the arrears with a penalty of their own by centre Dom Bevan-Jones. Aberbargoed were getting the upper hand in the scrum and from a penalty for the front row going up in the scrum the visitors increased their lead on the hour to 13pts-3, the final 15 minutes saw Trinant put pressure on the visitors, penning them in their 22 and went close on several occasions. A good run by centre Ryan Jones took play to 30 metres out and were awarded a penalty for coming off side. Bevan-Jones landed the penalty on 75 minutes 13pts-6. The referee seemed to blow up early, which denied Trinant any late chance, having said that the visitors deserved their victory on the day. The Troggs line out didn't function as well as normal, as did  their line kicking. Man of the match went to scum half Jason Leadbeater.


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos